• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

cuttlefish eggs

Sounds like you already have a full-time job! haha... 91 eggs...

Hopefully in the next few months my girlfriend and I will be able to take part in all this fun. She is really interested in keeping some. Everytime I show her your pics she talks about how cute they are. She thinks they are cuter than octos... pshhhh!
My 75 gallon tanks refugium has a plethora of various pods and I'm pretty sure if I put a net breeder in-line with the output of the refugium it would be a buffet. I'm considering selling my fish and corals to the local aquarium society members, just to keep some cuttles.

I may do that... tomorrow I will have had the cuttles for six months. My husband's suggestion is to separate the female from the males - I may decide to do that also.

I did get to see Baby A make these eggs, it was pretty cool - I tried to take pictures but I think they are too blurry, I will have to look at them later. I could see her holding the eggs in her tentacles and then it took her less than a minute to attach them to the rock (I raced to the next room to grab the camera and when I came back she had attached the egg to the other eggs...) I really hope she is done, I am tired of going to FedEx all the time...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back