• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

cuttlefish eggs

She laid 10 more - total of 84 eggs. Keep your :fingerscrossed: , these may go to a special place :silenced: I'll tell you if it works out...

I saw Baby A and Cuddly "cuddling" yesterday and didn't think much of it... this is the third time she has laid them in the exact same spot - I am not sure if this is like birds, when you remove an egg from the nest and they lay more... she definitely notices when I remove the eggs, I have to throw a bunch of shrimp in the tank to distract her...

Well,

It is possible that they are brothers and sister but they were wild caught eggs and when I got them they were one week old. Even if they were from the same clutch, they could have different fathers (like my batches...). Some of these eggs were sent to other people who are attempting to captive breed theses cuttles so that there would be some genetic variations (they are going to mix their own cuttles with mine).

Ok,

I finally removed the last batch of eggs, she laid 7 eggs in that clutch, bringing her to a grand total of 91 eggs. It was a little hard to get this last batch because all three cuttles ganged up on me while I was trying to hold the rock in one hand and remove the eggs with the other. Baby A actually put her body between my hand and the eggs! The two males were flashing black and white at me (well, Scrunchy does this anyway, for some reason he thinks I am competing for Baby A's affection...). I had to have my 4-year-old catch some shrimp to distract them - it only took about 20 shrimp... but now all the eggs that I have left are in the net breeder.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back