Cuttlefish eggs

Tamara

Blue Ring
Registered
Does anyone know if cuttle fish like to lay eggs in the same place that they were born- the way turtles do? I'm asking because around this time last year I found a bunch of cuttlefish eggs under an old tyre, last week I found another bunch under the same tyre, same position. Do cuttles usually all hatch together? This time when I saw them (15-20 eggs) about half looked deflated, a few of the deflated ones looked ripped open. Instead of being in a neat bunch they were sort of spread out and a few had even floated outside of the tyre. What do you guys think happened to the eggs- just not viable, predator or hatched? Is there an animal known to eat only the cuttle eymbro and not the outside of the egg?

I've read about them before, but from what I understood they just gathered to mate and they are unsure of where they laid their eggs. Here in Perhentain Malaysia I know of 3-4 spots on specific dive sites where I can almost always find cuttles interacting with each other. I've only managed to find eggs four times, each of those times they have been under the same area of the same tyre. I was back today and there was only 3 deflated eggs left, the rest were gone. I couldn't find any little or big cuttlefish around, but they are sneaky animals they were probably just sitting on top of a rock camouflaged laughing at me looking for them.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back