• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Eggs!!

man, they sure are cute. feed them asap, if you have not already. thanks for the kind words. ill be up and running again in no time. i feel bad for my other cuttle who wont ever get to breed. poor little guy.

Well this morning we had 3 new babies hatch!! I nevr thought theywould all hatch at the same time. Soo now I have 5!! YAY!! I tried to feed the 1st born yesterday with no luck. Amphipod was too fast, and he showed no interest in copepods. So I tried brine shrimp just to see if he would eat... nothing. I tried a feeder fish fry and nothing again. I know those are not good for them but if they show signs f eating I would feel better. I have mysis that should arrive today (i hope) and I can go tonight and get triggerpods if needed. He acted like he didnt even see the copepods in the tank so I hope they will be alright maybe its still too early and I am just worrying too much...

I have them in a plastic floating breeder tank thingie. I also have a mesh one that hangs on the tank. I have some chaeto and some of that grape macro algea in there for them to hide in. My boyfriend has 2 of the 5 in his tank and he put in a shell and some crushed coral in the bottom. But thats about it.

You can get the mesh breeder net at petco for like 10 bucks and the plactic one for about 8. I love the view the plastic one gives compared to the net one only being top view but things like pods and such can slip right out of it.

I raise Dwarf Cuttlefish which looks like what you have. Depending on their appetite they may start feeding in the first week. Definitely need Mysid for the first month. then switch to larger prey like ghost shrimp and crabs, small fish. Brine really only good food for the Mysid. Stuff the Mysid on frozen mysis, crushed flake and or brine. Very nutritious for your cuttles. Best of luck.

CuttleLove

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back