• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

cuttlefish dissapeared

So last night I saw my first dead cuttle out of the 6 babies. After I came home from work all of them were gone without a trace. I took the net off of the frame of the breeder and turned it inside out. Nothing. I just saw 4-5 pods scuttling around.

I found what looked like white oblong sea shells. Could they have been cuttle bones? The only other thing I could think of is that they jumped out.. but I had a dvd case over the top.

My head is spinning...

Krakilin;141398 said:
So last night I saw my first dead cuttle out of the 6 babies. After I came home from work all of them were gone without a trace. I took the net off of the frame of the breeder and turned it inside out. Nothing. I just saw 4-5 pods scuttling around.

I found what looked like white oblong sea shells. Could they have been cuttle bones? The only other thing I could think of is that they jumped out.. but I had a dvd case over the top.

My head is spinning...

I think you may have found their bones.

However they usually take a couple of days to decompose. Something must have ate them.. Bristleworms?

I have/had 3 fish in there :evil: I'm selling everything including my shrimp off in the next few days just in case one or two survived and are hiding in the rocks.

Ugh there was no hole in the net. I'm just going crazy over wondering how they got out.....

A little update. Found two bodies in there decapitated. I'm pretty sure my coral banded shrimp tore through the net. Still in the process of selling my fish/coral before I try again.

I'm considering trying another octopus instead.. (filosus)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back