• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Availablity

Cuttles for sale?

I tried to contact you a couple days ago regarding your cuttles, I am interested if you still have any. I'm new to this website and don't know what the easiest way to contact you would be. If you get this message maybe you could contact me. Even if you don't have any I'd like to line something up for the future. Thank You, Christopher.

Hopefully I will have some available in the next few months. I prefer to raise the hatchlings myself for about a month because they have such a dismal survival rate; month or two olds seem to do better and are easier to feed.

Thanks for the responses to my question regargarding cuttlefish availability. I've absolutely facinated with cuttles since I saw a program about them on tv about 5 years ago or so. I've had aquariums off and on my whole life but got hooked on African Cichlids about 7-8 yrs ago. I've been breeding wild caught Africans for about 4 yrs now and currently have 18 tanks in my basement for my Africans rangeing from 55's down to my 2's for my fry. I have 3 saltwater tanks which I keep upstairs a 90, a 75, and a 30 which I just got ready for my mysids which I plan on ordering today. In the past three years I haven't lost a single saltwater fish to disease or water condition. I've had all sorts of saltwater fish and now I just keep my big guys my eel, grouper, trigger and tang. I decided to go with my 75 for like 3-5 bandensis and getting rid of alot of my Africans so I can breed mysids. I've never had a ceph but I've been doing a lot of reasearch and am going to give it my all. I want to raise some cuddle so I can learn as much as I can so eventually I can get some for CB. I would love to help reduce the number of people who get them from the ocean, plus breeding a cuttlefish has got to be the most exciting thing ever. I do have a few questions on cuttle care. First, how much water current would be to much and how would I know? Second, I'm a big fan of hydro sponge filters and had an idea to have two hydro sponges both rated for 80 gallons in each corner with a 350gph powerhead on each one and connecting the powerhaeds with a custom spraybar. I figured if I drilled small holes all the way down the bar and angleing the bar with the water moving up and hitting the glass at an angle that reduces water current but still filtering lots of water I was also gonna put extra carbon in the cage in the center of the sponge, also gonna cage the sponges with small plasic cage thats screened from the inside??? Third, I have a protien skimmer that rated for a 75g but read more is better so I got another one and now have 2 skimmers but I don't have a sump hooked up so I'm worried about too much water movement, I'm gonna do my best to reduce water movement as much as possible. I think the setup will be ample filtration combined with my emperor 400 biowheel loaded with carbon and my canister filter and 80-90lbs of live rock, enough filtration? Fourth, what exact size net breeder is best to ensure little cuddles find there food? I know my question aren't very organized but but would greatly appreciate any advise I can get, and if I have to have a sump then a sump I will have. Thank you all for your help, this website is awesome.

I live in the UK and just wondering if anyone knows if and where i could get hold of some tank reared dwarf cuttles (or eggs). Have kept a dwarf octo and would like to have a go with cuttles but cant find them anywhere.
Any help appreciated
Bobby

To be honest I don't have my finger on the pulse any more with regards to getting Sepia over here. Been a while since I have kept any.

Bobby, you could try phoning TMC in Manchester, speak to Andy Lister, also a member here and he might be able to tell you what's about, they only sell to shops but they could sell to a shop local to you where you can pick them up. Probably eggs?

Phone number is 0161 946 1538

cheers
Colin

Thanks for that Colin. I'll give that a try. I work in a shop and go to TMC at Chorleywood or Bristol fairly regularly to get fish and inverts for the shop so that isnt a problem.
Thanks
Bobby

Sorry I've been gone - computer problems!

I have a connection that has 4 what seems to be young small wild caught bandensis for sale. They are between and inch and two inches.

Wild caught get expensive fast, not due to the actual cost of the animal, but do to the cost of shipping them correctly (water is heavy and expensive). So these guys will cost somewhere around 50 retail plus shipping.

Let me know if you're interested.

RR

Thales;87832 said:
Sorry I've been gone - computer problems!

I have a connection that has 4 what seems to be young small wild caught bandensis for sale. They are between and inch and two inches.

Wild caught get expensive fast, not due to the actual cost of the animal, but do to the cost of shipping them correctly (water is heavy and expensive). So these guys will cost somewhere around 50 retail plus shipping.

Let me know if you're interested.

RR

I'm definitely interested. Do you want to PM me the details?
thanks
Ed

Looking in Florida..................

To whom it may concern,
Is there anyone that could help me find some cuttlefish for my 150 gal tank. I promise to give them a good home and the BEST of care. Thanks
Steve from florida.......

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back