Cuttlefish Availablity

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
Locally, you are only likely to find vulgaris and to find them alive, you would need to befriend fishermen. The best approach we have seen in most of Europe is to locate a aquarium store that buys either from an importer or wholesaler and will take an order. I would suggest specifying NOT a blue ring. The most likely animal that will become available with be from the Philippines and be in the abdopus family. Sorry, I could not suggest a direct contact.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
The two places that are most common to acquire eggs online in the last couple of years are Blue Zoo Aquatics (source of the group I raised) and NYAquatic. I can speak for the excellent packing and shipping of Blue Zoo but have not used NY Aquatic. If you go to the journals forum and click on the yellow highlighted cuttlefish eggs, it will give you a list of all journals cuttlefish egg journals that have been tagged (this is a newer feature so there are only 10 listings but it may help for a reference)

skywindsurfer

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
I just placed an order for nine eggs from NYAquatics. The only shipment option was FedEx (Priority Overnight) for about $25 and my order was processed and shipped in less than an hour of being placed. I'll post an update on the shipping and eggs when they arrive. Tracking information says they should be here by 10:30am tomorrow. Luckily it's Spring Break so I have no where to be but home, waiting for my package.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanfax

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan