Cuttlefish Availability

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
You're right - I just haven't set up the Cuttlefish Availabillity post (which sticks at the top of the forum) yet.

Glad there are some available.

Nancy

Brock Fluharty

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Those would be cuttlefish I think. S. stands for sepia, which are cuttles. Never heard of those species at all, let alone in the aquarium trade.

Illithid

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
jojo said:
I was indoor reef www.indooreef.com the other day asking about octopuses and they said they can also get S.Prashadi, S.Apama, and S. Latimanus cuttles and are willing to ship.
I have never heard of s.prashadi. I couldn't find it in ceph world guide either. I am surprised they can get the others too.

cttlfish

Blue Ring
Registered
I have never heard of anyone keeping S.prashadi or S.apama, although I belive a few people keep S.latimanus. Although keeping an S.apama would be undeniably cool (the cuttle would be almost as big as you...), you'd need a tank the size of a swimming pool to give it adequate space. S.prashadi does not appear to be common in the pet trade, even though it looks fairly common, and is medium-sized, at least according to this website here: http://www.zen-ika.com/zukan/01-10/p06.html. Truly, the only thing that seems to be keeping S.prashadi out of our aquariums is the fact that it's not really well known.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branane

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak