CuttleChris' Octotank Setup

cuttlechris

Wonderpus
Registered
It's been a verrry long time due but here are some pics. Just a quick briefing, it's a 75 gallon with a 22 gallon sump and 6 gallon external fuge. This is my second marine setup but i don't think people's first setup should count because they usually do it horrendously wrong lol. Currently theres a snowflake and a porcupine but i will give to a good home in short time. It still needs work but water parameters are looking better.

Attachments

• conv_303402.jpg
    conv_303402.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 102
  • conv_303403.jpg
    conv_303403.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 73
  • conv_303404.jpg
    conv_303404.jpg
    812.1 KB · Views: 86
The one with the x rays was my frist setup. You can see my sweet bedside view. I'm just worried about the octo comming to kill me in my sleep. I couldn't have done any of this without ALOT of help from Animal Mother. Thanks so much for it. DFW Ceph lovers gotta represent right nancy? hardy har har.

Pic of me feeding my terrifying eel. His name is Ziggy (and the spiders form mars). That's my mesh modded ASMg2.

Attachments

• conv_293152.jpg
    conv_293152.jpg
    803.7 KB · Views: 86
  • conv_293153.jpg
    conv_293153.jpg
    561.6 KB · Views: 66
no just gotta be quick. If you don't train them by hand they just swim around since they're so blind and the smell is so strong. You'll wind up with alot of uneaten food just dropping it. He will most definately !@#$ your finger up if he gets his mouth on it. I just let go when he gets really close.

I drilled a hole to run the overfow into bioballs then it passes under into the skimmer chamber. My problem is more of lack of planning thingking my skimmer wouldn't produce micro bubbles.

I'm unfortunately leaving the hobby. My parents are splitting and i won't be able to take the tank. I can't thank all of you enough for the help and advice. I hope to get back into it once things settle down. If anyone in the DFW area wants it 350$.

sorry, that's gotta be rough for more reasons than just the animals.

I wish you the best Chris,

I am quite sure you will be back one day and with better stuff. Keep strong, I know what you are going through is tough.

:wink:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back