• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

CuttleChris' Octotank Setup

cuttlechris

Wonderpus
Registered
It's been a verrry long time due but here are some pics. Just a quick briefing, it's a 75 gallon with a 22 gallon sump and 6 gallon external fuge. This is my second marine setup but i don't think people's first setup should count because they usually do it horrendously wrong lol. Currently theres a snowflake and a porcupine but i will give to a good home in short time. It still needs work but water parameters are looking better.

Attachments

cuttlechris

Wonderpus
Registered
The one with the x rays was my frist setup. You can see my sweet bedside view. I'm just worried about the octo comming to kill me in my sleep. I couldn't have done any of this without ALOT of help from Animal Mother. Thanks so much for it. DFW Ceph lovers gotta represent right nancy? hardy har har.

cuttlechris

Wonderpus
Registered
no just gotta be quick. If you don't train them by hand they just swim around since they're so blind and the smell is so strong. You'll wind up with alot of uneaten food just dropping it. He will most definately !@#$ your finger up if he gets his mouth on it. I just let go when he gets really close.

cuttlechris

Wonderpus
Registered
I drilled a hole to run the overfow into bioballs then it passes under into the skimmer chamber. My problem is more of lack of planning thingking my skimmer wouldn't produce micro bubbles.

cuttlechris

Wonderpus
Registered
I'm unfortunately leaving the hobby. My parents are splitting and i won't be able to take the tank. I can't thank all of you enough for the help and advice. I hope to get back into it once things settle down. If anyone in the DFW area wants it 350$.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
sorry, that's gotta be rough for more reasons than just the animals.

deep8

Pygmy Octopus
Supporter
I wish you the best Chris,

I am quite sure you will be back one day and with better stuff. Keep strong, I know what you are going through is tough.

:wink:

cuttlechris

Wonderpus
Registered
thanks guys i'll still be watching the forums. I really hate to see this thing go. It makes me want to cry for all the effort and planning and evrything i've put into it. I was just a water change away from getting a ceph. Sucks. It really sucks.

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
I'm really sorry, Chris. Stay with us though, even if you can't have the tank now, you can still be a part of the ceph world.

Members online