• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttle vs crab video

Fieroguy19

Hatchling
Registered
Raised this cuttle from an egg since March. Recently been feeding live ghost shrimp but was able to find a SW crab from a local hobbiest that was about the right size so I thought it would be a nice treat for the cuttle.

IME, S. bandensis are pretty good at turning the business parts of crabs around, away from their arms. It happens very fast even if they can't don't snag the crab from behind. I may also be evidence of venom because the crabs stop struggling very very quickly. They are so efficient at not getting clawed that I have stopped removing the claws from shore crabs when I feed them.

Very cool vid.

Saying that it is a cephalotoxin reaction is an assumption. We don't know if its a cephalotoxin reaction - the science simply hasn't been done. In a hobby that is covered in assumptions as fact, I like to be careful and clear when I can.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back