• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

cuttle or octo?

killifish

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hi, I know this qustion might be rather hard to answer because it is largely personal opinion.
My qustion is which would be a better for a first ceph; a
S. bandensis or one of the smaller octos and which would be more personable? :hmm:Any help would be welcome.

I think most dwarf's are pretty shy, don't know about cuttles but aculeatus and hummelincki are relatively small octo's and are personable.

IMO cuttles are very curious and playful. Octos tend to be more expensive to feed, and buy. Cuttles are relatively cheap and won't escape from the tank. I'm very fond of my chameleon's eating habits, and they are pretty much the same along the lines of shooting out arms/tongue, IMO it is very fun to watch. Cuttles are also diurnal (awake during day) most dwarf octos are nocturnal,

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back