cuttle or octo? | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

cuttle or octo?

killifish

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hi, I know this qustion might be rather hard to answer because it is largely personal opinion.
My qustion is which would be a better for a first ceph; a
S. bandensis or one of the smaller octos and which would be more personable? :hmm:Any help would be welcome.

Tommycs

Wonderpus
Supporter
I think most dwarf's are pretty shy, don't know about cuttles but aculeatus and hummelincki are relatively small octo's and are personable.

Cephman

Blue Ring
Registered
IMO cuttles are very curious and playful. Octos tend to be more expensive to feed, and buy. Cuttles are relatively cheap and won't escape from the tank. I'm very fond of my chameleon's eating habits, and they are pretty much the same along the lines of shooting out arms/tongue, IMO it is very fun to watch. Cuttles are also diurnal (awake during day) most dwarf octos are nocturnal,

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards