• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttle Inked. Advice?

The newer of my two S. bandensis juveniles inked today. Like, quite a lot of ink. a 4.5" radius around him just erupted with ink. He is 1.5 inches long, roughly. My tank has 15 gallons total (growout tank) and so far the refugium has yet to turn hazy but the main tank is very very hazy. If it is nescessary I will do a waterchange, but I can still see through the tank and none of the animals are showing stress signs. The water has an unusual shadowy - black tinge to it but visibility is still pretty good. I'm not sure if the tint is because of the activated carbon I hastily added or the ink itself. I removed most of the ink with a syringe.

The tank is not opaque black with the ink or anything - just a tint dark. I have activated carbon and a skimmer. Will they be alright?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back