• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttle growth rate?

djdime

GPO
Registered
Hi guys.

Just a quick question about growth rates.

All my cuttles hatched towards the end of january. I was kind of expecting them to be larger by now. The larges is over an inch but the smaller ones are probably about an inch.

It seems to my eyes they havent grown much recently. The largest one is on frozen krill superba but the smaller ones are still only taking frozen mysis. Fed twice per day, 2 each per serving.

Is this normal?

:bugout:

My supplier has been messing me about for a while. I've been waiting on a supply of large gammarus for 3 weeks. I beleive these are at least 40% protein.

Am i harming my cuttles at present? i have nightmares of them not growing and with them only having a short life span i want to enjoy them being in the main tank for as long as possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back