• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

cuttle fish Q's,,

bufu11

Hatchling
Registered
hi, first post lol, i am living in canada and woul dlike to try my hand at raising a group and possibly breeding some cuttlefish, i want to stick with the smaller species, S.bandesis? a few questions first. i want to raise them from eggs, where in canada can i get my hands on some?? how much should i expect to spend? and any tips for a new cuttle keeper? thanks guys,
Jon

:welcome: to TONMO! keep an eye on the "cuttlefish availability" thread, and take a look at the ceph care articles (which are, due to construction, now on the main page).

bufu11;118181 said:
hi, first post lol, i am living in canada and woul dlike to try my hand at raising a group and possibly breeding some cuttlefish, i want to stick with the smaller species, S.bandesis? a few questions first. i want to raise them from eggs, where in canada can i get my hands on some?? how much should i expect to spend? and any tips for a new cuttle keeper? thanks guys,
Jon
Where in Canada are you a LFS close to me can get both cuttlefish and eggs if you ask. It's probably the same in your area. LFSs sometimes have them on their lists from suppliers but don't bring them in because the demand is low and they don't want to be stuck with animals or eggs no one wants. Plus they usually don't know anything about them.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back