• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttle Eggs came in...

Yea i have a reef for my cephs i plan on keeping. Mainly leather, mushrooms, polyps, zoos, sps, things like that. I have some LPS in there but i dont know if they will be that much of a problem as they are not very big. I have a small start of a Hammer coral, but its not much bigger than your thumb. Thats about it.

Another baby hatched! I am so excited... after the one egg deflating and the other baby dying I was so worried but I have another baby! This one already looks more active than the other one did. I could see his eyes open and his little tentacles! Wow this is cool!

Oh, sorry to hear you lost your baby and congrats on the new hatch.
I want more photos too. Those eggs look like black grapes, very pretty. I can't wait for the next chapter in your story. I am silently following along as i know nothing about cuttlefish except that I like them. :smile:

Lmecher;169648 said:
Oh, sorry to hear you lost your baby and congrats on the new hatch.
I want more photos too. Those eggs look like black grapes, very pretty. I can't wait for the next chapter in your story. I am silently following along as i know nothing about cuttlefish except that I like them. :smile:

I will post pics soon... right now there is really nothing different. With octopuses because of how they move its like they are always posing; with cuttefish babies they just swim around or hide and to be honest I worry about stressing her out to much.

They do look like grapes. Well, grapes with little ties :lol:. They actually kind of feel like grapes too, once the grapes have softened a little bit.

This one thats hatched is def acting better than the other one I lost. Right now she swims around looking around. Her eyes are open and I can see her discovering her tenticals.:biggrin2: Its pretty awesome to be honest. I wish more would hatch so that this cuttle wouldnt be alone, and I am excited to get my next shipment of eggs in come Wednesday. I ordered 10 in the hope that at least some would make it. If to many make it I will be forced to rehome some of them but thats something to worry about later I think. From everything I have read/been told, it will take months before I will have that problem.

My tank is unfortunatly going through a really rough time right now for some reason, and i have no idea why... I spent all day trying to figure things out. I ordered some eggs also from your local fish store. 8, and i am not going to be able to purchase them. I dont want to spend them money when i know they will just die on me anyways :frown: i am kinda upset. Just my luck to almost be there for the livestock portion of it, and i run into issues. During my "FANTASTIC" day, i went to a LFS, and was talking with him trying to figure things out as well. And he told me he was able to get some eggs in when i needed them, so that was a relief... sk, i dont know what your LFS plans on doing with the eggs, but i hope they get to a good home..(YOU!!! LOL) I hope yours are doing well, please let me know how things are fairing. Thanks
Caleb

Oh no! Yicks I dont know what I would do with 17 more eggs! I was going to PM you to find out if you were able to order. I am sorry your tanks gone nuts.

Right now it looks like 2 more are about to hatch... they are at the part where I can see them through the eggs so I might have to rehome some of my others as it is, though that wont happen for a while.

I will post them in the cuttles source section.

How can you tell when the eggs are ready to hatch? Is it the bigger, more transparent the egg the closer they are to hatching? Because ive seen some small dark eggs, are those not viable anymore? Is it only the bigger ones that will survive?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back