• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttle cut...

Okay, I just read the reefcentral's 5 to 10 pages of discussion on the ecoaqualizer, and I just want to state that I am not trying to troll this list, nor am I working for the company that sells them. Hope nobody is upset or riled up about this, just trying to be helpful. If anyone is genuinely interested in the apparent results the people I know are getting, I will be happy to post them.

Cheers,
Shannen

As of the last time I really looked into the eye infection problem in cuttlefish, there was no solution. Sometimes a cuttle would recover, most often they do not. Other than damaging vision, the cuttles generally remain very healthy. but have to be personally fed.

I hope nobody's getting bent out of shape about the magnet stuff. I don't buy into magnet therapy for anything. But I think if something works for one person, they certainly should not be scolded for sharing.

Rock On, Jimbo

Sad to say I just noticed Trusty is starting to have cataract on its right eye. It is a very sudden onset as two days ago it manages to catch a shrimp in no time at all.

Water wise I have been quite disciplined doing 10-15% water change every week. Trusty used to have butt burn but it has healed completely, you can't see any scar at all, so I thought it must be liking the water conditions enough.

It's 14cm in mantle length now, I hope I could continue to handfeed it long after it is not able to hunt.

:frown: LS

Sorry to hear that senescence may be catching up with your cuttle... Lowering the temp may slow it down a bit too.

Hi Colin,

I was just thinking that since I got Trusty when it was pretty small 6 months, and that Sp. Latimanus can grow quite big, that Trusty would have another 6 or more months of natural life span.

LS

I suppose there is a good chance that the cuttle isn't latimanus or it is quite common for them to not reach their maximum size in captivity.

Even in the NRCC the cuttles mature at a smaller size than in the wild

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back