I tested my water yesterday.

Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - .1
Nitrate - 5
pH - 7.9
Phosphate - 2.5
Calcium - 500
dKH - 8.3

I am going to be doing a 5 gallon water change soon and will probably add some carbon and phosguard to the filter. The first two clutches are definitely infertile. I don't know yet about the 3rd one.

Your PH is a little low. Try to get it to around 8.3-8.4

Ive noticed with my eggs that they often deflate and then later inflate. So in some situations I though I had bad eggs to alter find out they were good.

With school starting next week and me only having 1 cuttlefish left and a massive aiptasia problem, I have decided that once this cuttle dies I am not going to get any more for a while. Looking back at the pictures makes me miss the babies but I do not have the time to try and breed them again. I am probably going to get some peppermint shrimp and possibly a butterfly to get rid of the aiptasia and just leave the tank alone for a while. Hopefully I will be ready to start breeding again after the holidays.

My board activity has been fairly nonexistant this whole summer; I think I just need a little break and then I will be ready to go again. I am going to try to keep watching the board for interesting news and updates, though my activity level will likely stay about the same.

The peppermint shrimp are all you need to get rid of aiptasia - I had a problem for a while, and now I have absolutely none!

This is the only animal cure for a problem that has ever worked for me!

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back