Last Tuesday (12/11/07) I received two clutches of cuttlefish eggs. Each had 10 eggs, but 3 out of the 20 were deflated leaving me 17. They are in 2 separate net breeders right now, one has more light and flow than the other. I want to see if that makes a difference in activity, growth rate, and willingness to use chromatophores. Both net breeders have some feather caulerpa and another kind of macroalgae in them for hiding. My first hatchling was today (12/16/07), well probably last night, since I noticed him at about noon today. He is pretty shy. I wouldn't even have known he had hatched if I hadn't searched for him. I pulled out at least 50% of the macro in each net breeder because I was having a pretty hard time finding him. Now he hides under the piece of rubble in there *sigh*. He is already changing colors from white to brown, flashing at me when I push him out from under the rock. It was hard to get pictures of him and I was trying to get some of him brown, but I couldn't. I am getting a new camera tomorrow and it is much nicer than the one I have now, so it should be able to take better pictures. It also takes video, so I will be able to get some video as well. I got some Mysids from work, I plan on ordering in lots from aquaculturestore.com when more hatch. I haven't seen him eat yet, but I expect he still has some of his yolk sac. I threw in probably about 5 mysids. He has been pretty lethargic so far today. I hope he is not sick, but I'm sure that's just me worrying :). Here's some pics: The first two are from today, the last 2 are of each net breeder the day I received the eggs.