Cute cuttlefish

Thanks for the ID help! Everytime we see cephs I feel a bit bad because my divers always ask what species they are- I never know unless it's an angry blue ring- then it's pretty obvious.

I've been living in Perhentain, Malaysia for 3 years now- diving almost everyday. I definitly consider myself lucky to get the chance to spend so much time underwater. I've dove the 20 sites around these two little islands so many times but still find new behaviours all the time. Yesterday I saw a school of 10 squid all "sitting" in pairs ordered by size They had their heads a couple centimeters off the corals and tentacles pointing up looking a bit like whip corals. They let me and my 4 students (noisey, constantly moving and blowing tons of bubble to try to stay still) come within 2.5 meters before they let their disguise down and schooled up the way squid here normally do- but even then they weren't shy at all. They just made a tight school changed colours a few times and hovered in front of us.

Yup, I know I'm a little bit spoiled when the alarm goes off and I think ugh, I don't want to get out of bed and go to work. No matter how amazing your job there's going to be times when you'd rather just be in bed. At least for me though after I haul a few tanks, set up some kit, hop on the boat and drop into my office I get to look around and laugh because what I call work most people pay to have the chance to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back