• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Curled up tentacles??

Eagleray

Blue Ring
Registered
When we feed our bimac, Smedley, he sleeps for awhile and then gets up (after about an hour) and swims. When he swims, however, all his tentacles are curled up in a ball underneath him. This is the second time I have noticed this. It seems to be only after he has eaten a big meal, i.e. a shrimp. Is this normal? what causes him to do this? The LFS said that he would love shrimp, and he seems to, but I want to make sure that the balled up condition he gets is ok. It normally lasts for about an hour or so. Is he just full? Does anyone have an idea?
Thanks

Sometimes they do this while they are still carrying parts of their food underneath them, They may stop eating for a while but will keep hold of the item for later.

Hi Colin, thank you. We're still learning about all these mannerisms. We were concerned that he might not be adapting as well as we thought. That explanation makes complete sense to us now. Again, thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back