cthulhu the

neosliver

Hatchling
Registered
Greetings all,

We have had a 180 reef tank up for a while now, and wanted to set up a species tank for an Octo. Mid 2008 we set up a new tank and had some live rock going in it for a couple months, until the water parameters were just right.

We Journeyed to one of our local fish stores to pick up some new corals for the reef tank, and to my delight happened across a healthy specimen of what (after some research, I believe to be a o.briareus)

Picked him up, and after sufficient acclimation we let him loose in his new home. Where he seems to be doing very well to date. We have him on a diet of enriched crayfish, which he consumes at a rate of one large crayfish per day. (attempts to feed him more than one, result in his tearing the crayfish in 1/2 and tossing it out of his cave.

I will update with more pictures as we get better with the camera lol

DSCN1494.jpg

Neosliver

Just to be clear, cthulhu resides in a 65 gallon tank next to the 180 reef, I will toss some more photos up later today, Got some more pictures of him last night, he is usually hidden unless only the moonlights are on, and he came out for a bit to stretch out and explore, I think he was scoping out the reef tank, and checking the octo-proofing measures we put in place lol

Things are hectic around the house, as my wife is expecting, and we just got a new basset hound puppy, bear with me and I will post the pics as soon as I can :smile: In the meantime, I have a side by side pic up on our blog located :
Slivernet Our little slice of life

Click on the tank pic and you should be able to check out a couple tenative photos I tried taking of the tank. New to the camera thing, so I apologize for the quality.

Neosliver

neosliver;131042 said:
Things are hectic around the house, as my wife is expecting, and we just got a new basset hound puppy,

Neosliver
:bugout: Believe me, I know the feeling, I have a 1 year old beagle and human... At least your's aren't the same age... Mine like to share food :yuck:.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back