• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

craigslist--who knew fiddler crabs

I contacted the lady, and she is setting up shipping for me --stil lwe be really cheap hoping to come it under 40-60 cents a crab with shipping, for an order of 100

Paul ships US mail and generally they make it alive if the heat is not excessive so you might try slower shipping at half the price next time.

BTW the seller from craigslist was great--
shipped in a standard pet store type cooler, bagged well --great shipping and product

cost with 2 day shipping and handling turned out to be 68 cents a crab (to California from Florida)

much cheaper tha nthe LFS in the area they are all around 4 bucks a crab, best I've done is 1.50 a crab locally

Let me know if you guys are interested in more live species for food, I'll be selling fish and inverts commercially out of Oregon come the 1st of the year. Or if anyone wants O. Rubescens I should be able to find a few more.

I brought home a bucket full of small crabs and shrimp for live food for my little Rubescens.

Let me know if you guys are interested in more live species for food, I'll be selling fish and inverts commercially out of Oregon come the 1st of the year. Or if anyone wants O. Rubescens I should be able to find a few more.

I brought home a bucket full of small crabs and shrimp for live food for my little Rubescens.

Do you have a Commercial Fishing Lic? RS?

CaptFish;183670 said:
Do you have a Commercial Fishing Lic? RS?

Yeah, just waiting for ODFW to finalize my species and locations list. Didn't want to start it up this year with only 3 months left on the permits so I'm waiting for 1/1/12 so I can get a full years worth out of it.

:welcome: AquaticEngineer - once you are up and running, you might consider becoming an advertiser on TONMO - can't think of a better way to reach cephalopod enthusiasts! :wink: I'm also in discussions with some regarding a program for sponsored / vendor forums, where you can interact directly with your customers. If questions, PM me or email me. Here is our Rate Card for advertising, FYI. Thanks!

tonmo;183685 said:
:welcome: AquaticEngineer - once you are up and running, you might consider becoming an advertiser on TONMO - can't think of a better way to reach cephalopod enthusiasts! :wink: I'm also in discussions with some regarding a program for sponsored / vendor forums, where you can interact directly with your customers. If questions, PM me or email me. Here is our Rate Card for advertising, FYI. Thanks!

You guys are on the top of my list of places to sponsor :biggrin2: The others being TemperateReef.org, Azoox.org, and Nano-Reef.com

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back