Cracked.com Topic Article

Not too many hits on my article, but oh well. I had a blast writing it!

If you haven't done so yet, check it out, ok?

Cracked.com - America's Only Humor Site | Cracked.com

And please give me constructive feedback/criticism. Let me know if 1.) it's factually correct or otherwise, and 2.) funny (or at least mildly humorous).

Again, since I'm the editor of that topic, I can always modify it if something seems factually incorrect. :cool2:

Wow that picture of the Kyoto Architeuthis trapped in the rockpool is fascinating, any more photos of that one? The eye looked so cold and intelligent

Fishy;143438 said:
Wow that picture of the Kyoto Architeuthis trapped in the rockpool is fascinating, any more photos of that one? The eye looked so cold and intelligent

There used to be a bunch of them here at TONMO, but I haven't been able to find them--believe me, I was looking for them when doing the article.

I found a link to the gallery on a japanese site from another post on Tonmo, but it is in Japanese and says there is a URL error. It looks like those pictures may be gone :frown:
Interesting article by the way!

Fishy;143515 said:
I found a link to the gallery on a japanese site from another post on Tonmo, but it is in Japanese and says there is a URL error. It looks like those pictures may be gone :frown:
Interesting article by the way!

Thanks!

I appreciate your looking. Take care!

I can't BELIEVE it--the editors finally ran my Topic Page on the front page of Cracked.com today!

Anyway, it's been edited (I assure you the remark about the Humboldt devouring local fishermen was not mine), and some of my favorite jokes were taken out (can't repeat them here on this family-friendly forum), but I do take full credit/blame for the parody of the poster from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. (The graphic preceding it was not mine, however.)

I referenced Tonmo.com as a link at the end of the article.

Check it out--but as I forwarned about a year ago when I started this thread, the language is rather rough, so it's not for those squeamish about language befitting that of a group of drunken sailors.

Cracked.com - America's Only Humor Site | Cracked.com

The Octopus News Magazine Online (TONMO) is an online community of folks interested in squid, octopuses, cuttlefish, and other cephalopods. Members range from novices who know only that an octopus has eight arms, to some of the world's leading authorities on cephalopods (including Dr. Steve O'Shea). Forum members are always friendly, although some do possess a somewhat unhealthy obsession with the writings of a certain Mr. Lovecraft, or--inexplicably--the works of Neil Diamond.
:wink:

Hi! I appreciate the comment!

Actually, in case I haven't said it before, I sincerely thank you and the rest of the TONMO community (including Mark Montague, R.I.P) for your original proof reading, suggestions, and permission to mention TONMO in the "links" section of my article. So. . . thanks!

Vince

rryyddeerr;163018 said:
that link doesnt work for me.

Try just a "copy and paste" of the link. If that doesn't work, it can be found simply by going to www.cracked.com and clicking on the link that reads, "All Recent Articles" (about 1/3 down on the left-hand side, right above the heading, "Popular Videos." As of right now (4:35 EDT, Monday, September 13), it's the fifth article listed when you click the aforementioned link, and is entitled, "Man vs. Giant Squid: A 1000 Year Showdown."

No, I didn't make up the title.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back