Cowpie - A.aculeatus

Are you sure he's not hiding in the tank? how do know he escaped? These critters are masters of hiding! Dead octos have an extremely strong and particularly foul smell. If he is dead in the house there will be no questioning it from the smell.

I agree with CaptFish, the animal is still likely in the tank though he may have died (this species seems to go down very quickly and often without warning).

Escape or camouflage?

:confused:I have a dachshund, the "greatest" nose in the Northwoods, and she either ate him, or he has vanished into thin air. I took every rock and tube out of the tank, and that is when I realized he was really gone. I think however if he had been eaten, that she would have vomited him up. I guess I'm just grasping at straws, since it is such a conundrum.banghead:

Even though you removed the rock, it may have found away inside the rock. happened to me. Like you, I pulled everything out of the tank looking for the octo, never found it, put everything back in and a few minutes later a very confused octo was exploring the tank, and wondering why all the rocks had moved around. same species too.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back