• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Couple of pics

Just a couple of pics of Mimius doing his rounds.

Attachments

• conv_302328.jpg
    conv_302328.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 34
  • conv_302329.jpg
    conv_302329.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 60
  • conv_302330.jpg
    conv_302330.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 60
Not sure of its identity. I think it is an O. cyanea based on location of origin (indo-pacific), base coloration, activity during the day etc. I don't know how old it is. If it is cyanea, then it will get a fair bit larger in the next several months as I believe they can get up to 500 - 600 g. Anyway, its an amazing animal full of personality and pretty much always visible. An example of personality is when I tried to feed him fresh clam flesh. I placed the food next to his tentacles and he withdrew his arm very quickly. I then placed the food under his mantle near his mouth and he grabbed it with his beak. I thought, "great he going to eat the clam". He then opened his mantle so that his mouth was towards me above the water and spit the food back at me. The clam flesh shot a few inches out of the water in the direction of my face and landed in a far corner of the tank. Mimius then sat back with a very satifsfied look on his face until I gave him some shrimp!

Detritus said:
I thought, "great he going to eat the clam". He then opened his mantle so that his mouth was towards me above the water and spit the food back at me. The clam flesh shot a few inches out of the water in the direction of my face and landed in a far corner of the tank. Mimius then sat back with a very satifsfied look on his face until I gave him some shrimp!

:lol:That's telling you!! I had a pet Rat that did the same.....fed her some carrot, thinking that it would be a good chew to help keep her teeth down................wrong.......next time I opened the cage the carrot fired out went over my shoulder and hit the wall.....conclusion Buttons didn't like carrots...she did however like Macadamia Nuts!

J

A rather active, diurnal octopus with incredible reach and great coloration. Really beautiful ceph.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back