Could a large squid kill a sperm whale?

So far the LRL-ML ratio does seem to be linear in those species of squid for which these data have been collected/analyzed.

What I mean is this-
A{250cm)/B(105cm) = 2.38
A(37mm)/ B(22mm) = 1.68

A is the Ross sea specimen. The beak/mantle length doesnt appear linear at all!

.... Oh to go back in time and slap some sense into those drunken on sailors and whalers!!

.... perhaps that 'Animal Face Off' series was not such a good idea afterall ... it seems to have spawned debates like this everywhere.

Did anyone ever see the finale - the squid/whale episode ... all 2 hours of it?

I could name you 4 of these forums right off the bat :wink: . They were all "spawned" after the deletion of the AFO boards- everyone parted and went their separate ways! A lot of us nerds are really into this stuff and spend hours typing and typing and typing trying to prove they're right. Then again- Adam Britton told me this was AFO's ultimately goal =P

The finale- I've been literally dying to see, but it still hasnt aired here in Canada. I'm still trying to get my hands on those production photos of the squid. Can you by any chance re-post them?

HELLO EVERYONE..

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE ALL WENT A FISHING AND CAUGHT A DAM BIG FISH AND WERE AMAZIED AT THE SIZE OF IT...!!!

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE SEEN THE OLD CROCK HUNTER BIND THE BIGGEST OF CROCKS WITH JEST A LITTLE BIT OF ROPE AROUND HIS BIG OL MOUTH!

CAN YOU JUST SEE THE GIANT SQUID WRAP ITS TREE TRUNK SIZE ARMS AROUND THE GIANTS MOUTH AND WITH ITS GREAT INTEL THE FIGHT IS ON..!!

Who, me?

Twaz just that Steve wrote in capitals; I thought he may have been shouting. I just wanted him to know we heard.

Steve O'Shea;81199 said:
Who, me?

Twaz just that Steve wrote in capitals; I thought he may have been shouting. I just wanted him to know we heard.

I figured...I was just gently tweaking your chain, which is one of my favorite past times. :sagrin:

Sorseress ...Hello to you to!

Hello Dr. Steve...sorry about the volume...did not mean to shout..just lazy with all caps sometimes!

I was trying to find out what the Dr. was saying myself... Sorseress!

This is great now I can ask all my Giant Squid Questions...

Like how much would a 50 ft. squid have to eat a day lets say in pounds?

And do they attach themselves to pray and feed or do they grab and transfer to the beak?

thanks..

Steve Singarella

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back