• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cost of cuttlefish

Liveaquaria only gets them once every few months, and they're always $149 and half-grown if not full-grown. Considering their short lifespan, spending that much on the animal is a bit ridiculous IMO.

I suggest looking at the Cuttlefish Availability thread, as there are people here who offer eggs and/or babies on occasion.

In the first two weeks of raising the babies I got, I had spent about $200 on food.

I just got a cuttlefish via my local fish store. I paid $130. I had originally asked the owner to try and get one back in July, but he could not obtain one until now. He only was able to obtain one, and did not know too much about the cuttle's background (age? tank raised? even species?). I believe the cuttle I got was a bandensis. It's a couple of inches long, so I don't even know roughly how old that would make it. Hopefully, it has several more months of lifespan left, but I don't know.

This was the first cuttle I've even seen at any of the fish stores in the area, so I consider myself rather lucky to have even gotten this one.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back