cool photos

Jean, there are some truly wonderful cranch squid photos at that site. I've spent a lot of time looking at two in particular, on this page:Click here. "Antarctic Cranch Squid," eh?:wink:

Elsewhere there's a remarkable shot of a long-armed, big-tailed "Deep Sea Squid" (no ID) that's either on a monifilament line or shooting out one (or both) tentacles...the questionable bit goes out of frame. You'll know it when you see it.:twisted:

Clem

ps: I'd buy prints of some of these pics, they're that good.

I think it's hooked on a baited line, it's also "upside down", if there is such a thing in the weightless abbyss. Those M. hamiltonii pics are (as far as I can tell) not of a specimen we've seen before, by the way :shock: "Are those messie's eyes, I see before me?" Spectacular Spectacular!

PS: Would that be marine bioluminescence expert Peter J. Herring from Southampton, by any chance?

PPS: If so, there might be more where that came from!

ob;87716 said:
"Are those messie's eyes, I see before me?"
Olaf, those are clearly just bits of plastic sheeting.:twisted: I gotta go back to work, but those Herring shots should probably be linked to in a Cranchiid thread.

Clem

Clem;87792 said:
Olaf, those are clearly just bits of plastic sheeting.:twisted: I gotta go back to work, but those Herring shots should probably be linked to in a Cranchiid thread.

Clem

Are you absolutely sure? :wink:

ob;89810 said:
Are you absolutely sure? :wink:
Olaf, why don't you track down Mr. Herring and get some background on this lil' Meso for us? I've done my Mesonychoteuthis pic-begging for this quarter. Get to it!

Cheers,
Clem

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back