Convention Agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of us who are driving will probably be able to accommodate a couple of extra people per vehicle for MBARI carpool purposes, unless of course somebody is coming via SUV/minivan/dirigible or some other conveyance with more passenger seating.

The agenda sounds great!!! Unfortunately I may have to attend by way of internet!!! Is that in the works for possably a live chat event?

Carol

Hi Carol

I don't know about chat while we're in Monterey, but anyone who wants to can plan a chat during TONMOcon. This will be easier when the schedule is set. Chat will definitely be used to make plans before TONMOcon and after to update everyone who couldn't come.

Maybe someone will videotape the talks. We'll ask everyone who speaks whether they'd be willing to put a description of their work and their presentations online, too. I'm sure people will put pictures on the site.

Brainstorms welcome - please share your ideas to make TONMOcon an event to remember!

Melissa

Melissa said:
We're trying to set up a tour of MBARI for Friday afternoon, probably at 1 and 3 pm, for two groups of 20. How many people would be there that early?

I plan to arrive Thursday afternoon, so I'll be there for the MBARI tour, either time.

Shepmoon (aka Steve)

Folks: Unfortunately, it turns out that Dr. Steve O'Shea will not be able to attend TONMOcon due to timing and logistics. I don't need to tell you that this is a real bummer!!

Other than the obvious void, the event should remain unchanged, and we certainly have enough content to fill Saturday's events.

tonmo said:
Dr. Steve O'Shea will not be able to attend TONMOcon due to timing and logistics.

But he'd have plenty of time to make it to Cleveland on Sunday for the Neil Diamond show!

:sad:

Steve is fighting some pretty major battles over here right now, and is under seige. I am terribly sorry!!

No worries. It's disappointing news, but I'm sure we all understand. I can't speak for Mr. Diamond though.

As for being under siege, remember the famous words of Chesty Puller:

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!"

Steve O'Shea said:
:sad:

Steve is fighting some pretty major battles over here right now, and is under seige. I am terribly sorry!!

Sorry to hear that, I hope you can cope. Does that mean one of your minions can use your plane ticket, at least?

How about a taped (or preferably on disc) talk from SOS to be projected? Or a streaming-feed discussion (could be a logistical nightmare,actually)?

I guess this means the ND impersonator will have to be called-off as well... :sad:

Well, we will all just have to see Steve at TONMOcon II. The first round will be on me... or Greg, or Tony or somebody. Not sure Rebecca would approve of me buying all those pints... :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back