Convention Agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like a lot of fun. I love Monterey and hope to make it to the convention as a lifelong admirer of cephalopods. That is, if we get back from our honeymoon before then! :o)

You are exactly right on both counts, Eric. TBD = to be determined, as we get confirmation for speakers. As for drinks, you can choose from all the juice, milk, soda, and water as you are too young to be served alcohol in the US.

We have a reservation as a group for 9:30 on Sunday, August 7, at the aquarium.

Melissa

Sunday...August Seventh...A Day that shall live in INFAMY !

I wonder what the entrance fee at the aquarium will be for Cthulhu... does he get a seniors' discount? :cthulhu:

"Bow to me,inferior mortal" or somesuch????

Heck...I am only the 77th in descent...maybe I will get a balloon?

Will Sunday be the one and only time we visit the Monterey Bay aquarium? The plane tickets I'm looking at require me to be at the airport by 1:00pm on Sunday.

Squidman said:
Will Sunday be the one and only time we visit the Monterey Bay aquarium? The plane tickets I'm looking at require me to be at the airport by 1:00pm on Sunday.

So far, it looks like Sunday is the only day we'll go to the aquarium. However, you could go whenever you like. One pm at the airport may mean leaving Monterey by 11 am, depending on which airport. Most people will probably fly to San Jose or San Francisco. Monterey airport is only a few miles outside the town.

Melissa

America West and United Airlines fly right into the Monterey Peninsula Airport, otherwise, the shuttles to and from SF and San Jose airports are every ninety minutes.

Melissa said:
We're trying to set up a tour of MBARI for Friday afternoon, probably at 1 and 3 pm, for two groups of 20. How many people would be there that early?

Melissa

I hope to make it by then... I'm not sure if I'm flying or driving, though; if the latter, I may make it by 3 more likely than 1. I'm not sure if my SO will be coming as well... so I might be 2 people, although she also may not be able to get off work Friday and would have to meet me Saturday or something.

Thanks, Monty! For now, it's not important to have all the details about when you'll arrive and how many will be in your party, but when we start planning the actual groups for MBARI, numbers and arrival time will be crucial.

Details to come - including transport 20 miles up the coast. If we're carpooling, that will be another detail.

See you in August!

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back