Convention Agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gather that I would be in that group...oh well.
St.P's girl is a wonderful thing...

That reminds me of this story my boss told me about the last time he went to a bar in San Luis Obispo. He made the mistake of yelling to the bartender that he would like to have a "Pauli girl" which when spoken sounds an awful lot like "Poly girl." Every guy at the bar chimed in with "Yeah, I'll take one of those too!" along with a few comments a little more lewd in nature.

Squidman said:
Wish I could go to the bar event...

Hey, if you get caught drinking, tell the cop that the liquor in your cup is called "Old Tennis Shoes" and you got it from some guy on Cannery Row named "Mack"

What is on the agenda for "Ceph Art"?
As a (sorta) regular contributor to the TONMO Galleries you've peaked my interest.
What's the buzz??
-Chris

Erich and the rest of us are still bouncing ideas around...will post a thread on the issue soon !
glad you are interested!
greg

Well, if we are going to get that picky, make sure Dr. SOS knows how to pronounce Cthulhu, also.
Jeez...all that ND has ruined his eardrums!
g

Note I updated the agenda (and also my avatar because Matt Jones has thrown me off! :wink:)

The going idea is to go to the aquarium on Sunday to allow ample time there, instead of trying to shoe-horn the aquarium visit with the bulk of convention events into one day. So, instead, Saturday is shaping up to be "lecture day". We may need to look into a catered lunch type deal...

PS: the avatar is my son's creation from pre-k; 4 popsicle sticks and a fuzz-ball with googly-eyes makes 1 kewl octopus...

MBA membership

I have a membership to the aquarium so i could bring in someone free as a guest. aslo, the ceph ecxibit there is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :smile:

Supernick,

Great news! Yes, currently the ceph exhibit is being refurbished. To my horror, it seems that they're moving the cuttlefish and chambered nautilus behind closed doors as they're not (obviously) part of the marine fauna of the California coastline. On the plus side for cuttle fans, Righty is coming down to give a cuttlefish lecture for all of us!
The good news about the sweet cephalopod exhibit at Monterey is that the GPO environment is being expanded, so more of us should be able to visit the great devilfish at the same time. The (currently) closed ceph area will have a grand reopening next month.

Erich

tonmo said:
So, instead, Saturday is shaping up to be "lecture day". We may need to look into a catered lunch type deal...

That is pretty easy. I am the Meat Dept. Manager at a local independent grocery store that does a lot of lunch caterings. Sandwiches, salads, BBQ ribs, chicken and tritip, plus various deli and fruit trays.

Once we get a ballpark on the numbers I can give a qoute.

pipsquek said:
That is pretty easy. I am the Meat Dept. Manager at a local independent grocery store that does a lot of lunch caterings. Sandwiches, salads, BBQ ribs, chicken and tritip, plus various deli and fruit trays.

Once we get a ballpark on the numbers I can give a qoute.
Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back