Convention Agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbarela

Blue Ring
Registered
Reaction score
What is on the agenda for "Ceph Art"?
As a (sorta) regular contributor to the TONMO Galleries you've peaked my interest.
What's the buzz??
-Chris

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
Erich and the rest of us are still bouncing ideas around...will post a thread on the issue soon !
glad you are interested!
greg

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
pipsquek said:
That's one e in pipsquek, thank you very much..... :razz:
Noted and corrected sir! :mrgreen:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
Well, if we are going to get that picky, make sure Dr. SOS knows how to pronounce Cthulhu, also.
Jeez...all that ND has ruined his eardrums!
g

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Note I updated the agenda (and also my avatar because Matt Jones has thrown me off! :wink:)

The going idea is to go to the aquarium on Sunday to allow ample time there, instead of trying to shoe-horn the aquarium visit with the bulk of convention events into one day. So, instead, Saturday is shaping up to be "lecture day". We may need to look into a catered lunch type deal...

PS: the avatar is my son's creation from pre-k; 4 popsicle sticks and a fuzz-ball with googly-eyes makes 1 kewl octopus...

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
Tony,

Tell your son it's excellent work!

Erich

supernick

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Reaction score
MBA membership

I have a membership to the aquarium so i could bring in someone free as a guest. aslo, the ceph ecxibit there is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :smile:

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
Supernick,

Great news! Yes, currently the ceph exhibit is being refurbished. To my horror, it seems that they're moving the cuttlefish and chambered nautilus behind closed doors as they're not (obviously) part of the marine fauna of the California coastline. On the plus side for cuttle fans, Righty is coming down to give a cuttlefish lecture for all of us!
The good news about the sweet cephalopod exhibit at Monterey is that the GPO environment is being expanded, so more of us should be able to visit the great devilfish at the same time. The (currently) closed ceph area will have a grand reopening next month.

Erich

pipsquek

Wonderpus
Supporter
Reaction score
tonmo said:
So, instead, Saturday is shaping up to be "lecture day". We may need to look into a catered lunch type deal...

That is pretty easy. I am the Meat Dept. Manager at a local independent grocery store that does a lot of lunch caterings. Sandwiches, salads, BBQ ribs, chicken and tritip, plus various deli and fruit trays.

Once we get a ballpark on the numbers I can give a qoute.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
pipsquek said:
That is pretty easy. I am the Meat Dept. Manager at a local independent grocery store that does a lot of lunch caterings. Sandwiches, salads, BBQ ribs, chicken and tritip, plus various deli and fruit trays.

Once we get a ballpark on the numbers I can give a qoute.
Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saintthomas

Mobile app users
Latest mobile user

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri