• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

compatable species

killifish

Cuttlefish
Registered
What tank cleaning invert species would help keep the tank clean and not become my future (hopefully at least) S. bandensis's most expensive meal yet :wink:?

Thanks for all the help!

Snails, bristleworms and hermits are all good cleaners for cuttle tanks. Take a look at some of the cuttle articles, they go into detail. :biggrin2:

Thanks thal, at least the bristleworms aren't going to be to hard to get a hold of! Considering that they are in no way in short supply in my nano reef tank:wink:.

I heard that hermits and snails were safe with cuttles, but I just put some in my tank with 1 Sepia bandensis and right away, the cuttle pulled a hermit out (didn't eat it, just killed it). Then the next day, she attempted to eat a nassarius snail that was munching on a silver side, but decided the silver side tasted better. And something killed another nassarius snail overnight. There aren't any predators in there except the one cuttle. I think she is just bored and is curious about them, but the poor little buggers can't take it. She leaves the other kinds of snails alone, but my nassarius and zebra hermits really get her interested.

It may be more that you have added something to the tank rather than what you have added. I have found the even a shrimp may survive an octopus IF it is in the tank before the octo arrives and IF it does not get overly curious. The octos learn quickly that anything I put in the tank is food (or anything new that get put in the tank, the I part may not be relavent).

I was kind of thinking along those lines too. My cats don't care about my pet spiders, frogs and fish. But if something, anything, new comes into the house, it commands all of their attention.

Thales;141014 said:
That depends on what kind of star. There are some that eat inverts, and some that don't.

The ones that feed on microfauna are often the most difficult to care for and probably won't survive in most ceph tanks. The hardy ones are the destructive types.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back