Common Octopus for Sale w/ Eggs

puffdanded

Hatchling
Registered
I have a common octopus (O. vulgaris most likely) that just laid eggs. If anyone is interested in her or the eggs please let me know ASAP.

Warm Regards

Large eggs? Small eggs? What ocean is it from?

Very interesting looking specimen. Can't see anyone paying $50 for an animal pretty much guaranteed to die in a few weeks.

You do know that after laying there eggs octo's dont last long. Also depending on the actual species the eggs wont be viable for an aquarium.

How big are the eggs? Can you post a picture on here, the one on your site is too small to to see. Where was it caught?

sorry, I hate to be negative but, I can't buy something, let alone refer it to someone else, that is certainly going to die shortly. And I don't think we have seen a successful small egg octo hatch and survive in a home aquarium.

It's almost mean, some unsuspecting hobbist that doesn't know any better is going to get shafted. Instead of selling it perhaps you can have a go at rearing the eggs yourself, in any event please keep us posted.

CaptFish,
I totally agree with you. That is why we did this post here as apposed to some sucker getting shafted as you say. We wanted to put the eggs in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing and has experience with octos and eggs rather than just letting them get flushed down the toilet. That way, we could buy the baby octos back and everyone makes money! It is our policy to make sure that every animal sold from us goes to a healthy environment where they won't get eaten or destroyed by some other nemesis in the tank. Communication is our primary method of doing business and advertising...not just shipping it off to make a quick buck.

We realize the octo isn't going to last too long, but in the mean time she continues to fan and groom the eggs, which is what we want until a buyer comes along who wants to take on the challenge of the eggs. If you know anyone who would be interested we would appreciate the referral.

Warm Regards

Puffdanded,
You misunderstand about small egged species. Only a couple of very large, ocean side aquariums with sea water flow through systems have been successful in raising less than a handful of vulgaris (also a small egged species, yours is likely aculeatus) young. It has not been done in a home aquarium at all (to anyone's knowledge). The mother and her young will not survive and should not be offered for sale. At best she can be used as an educational animal in your store.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back