Colossal Docu

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
So Steve, you're a Squidaholic? Are you really addicted to Squidahol?

Joking aside, it is nice to see the video of the live critter....

whimper...

I won't get to see for a couple days still. My boss is recording it for me because I don't have cable. But, I doubt he will come in on a holiday to drop it off.

We have a while to go...Pacific time, but I have it on TIVO, 3 in a row, Giants, Messie, and Gpo with Scott and Dale! I can watch all of them again and again and again and again......:smile:

Just finished watching both programs. Steve, you come off very well, quite the dedicated scientist and, as they say, "squidaholic". You're always so articulate and have good camera presence - a real positive. Both programs were much more interesting than many other Discovery offerings. And people will learn something, even if it's not too detailed.

Nancy

I had to laugh. I started to say something to Neal about how cool it is knowing the people in the documentary. Then it hit me that I have only met Steve (and then only for part of a day) and have only communicated with and seen pictures of Kat, OB and Mark. All very strange as even after making the mental correction, it still felt like I knew everyone and was proud - very wierd.

Loved it! It was great to see all of it WITHOUT sitting at the computer for days! Of course, those of us who did that saw a lot of stuff they didn't show on the docu, like people milling around doing nothing, slowly thawing squid in large tub, and other truly exciting stuff like that, right Jean? :wink:

Watching Monsterquest now. Boy is this sensationalist!

I thought it was quite well done. I wrangled a number of geeky friends into coming over and watching it, since I happened to be having dinner with a a group of Caltech people including a few biologist/biochemist types and an astronomer, and they all enjoyed it quite a bit-- and put up with my cephalopedantic yammering politely... and I got to say things like "I know him, he gave me this kondakovia beak" and respond to "how come he isn't wearing gloves" with "well, yeah, that didn't work out so well."

My friend Karen's initial impression was that Steve is dashing, photogenic, and charismatic... I'm not sure that lasted for the whole hour, so don't let it go *too* far to your head, Steve...

I didn't notice Kat having a weird accent, but they didn't have much of her talking at all.

I still haven't seen the footage of the live specimen, you guys got to see it first...

*le sigh*

I wonder if it'll actually air in the far flung Netherlands... Our Discovery Channel programming consists of nothing else than american chopper, american hotrod and the occasional superstructures ("How they built the M12 overpass...") thrown in, for good measure :sad:

I might actually have to ask some Good Samaritan to send me a copy of sorts.... was it aired in HD?

monty;124299 said:
My friend Karen's initial impression was that Steve is dashing, photogenic, and charismatic... I'm not sure that lasted for the whole hour, so don't let it go *too* far to your head, Steve...

:lol:A few minutes with me in person and she'd be over that!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back