• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Coldwater cuttlefish

T.J.

Hatchling
Registered
I'm wondering if there is such a thing as coldwater cuttlefish? I recently (6 months ago) set up a coldwater marine tank and have been throwing around the idea of cuttlefish of small predator tank. Obviously I'm leaning towards cuttlefish but I like the idea and challenges associated with a coldwater tank (its currently running at 55°F) and was curious as to what specific species of cuttlefish I need to be researching for that temp range. Also any help on where to purchase them would be helpful (would need to be in the USA and be able to ship to TX). Thanks

@T.J. One thing I failed to mention that will be important in your search. There are NO cuttlefish of any kind native to the western hemisphere, so anything you do find will be imported. Most imports are from tropical waters, making your quest doubly difficult.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back