[Squid]: Coldwater Bobtail Squid (Rossia Pacifica)

AquaticEngineer

GPO
Registered
Anyone here ever kept, caught , or worked with this coldwater species found along the west coast of the US, Rossia Pacifica?

Just wanted to try and gather as much info in one place as possible about the them since I'll be collecting several tomorrow (hopefully) and plan on breeding them since I'll have more than enough live food and space to keep them.

Wish me luck guys :smile:

Best of to you!

Attachments

• conv_299004.jpg
    conv_299004.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 136
Cuddlycuttlefsh;186577 said:
Best of to you!

Thanks :smile: I can name a dozen places in Washington state to find them because Puget Sound is a huge diving mecha so there is tons of photo confirmation. WA is also not quite so friendly with collection of "Non-classified Marine invertebrates".

Oregon on the other hand is not so much of the diving mecha, lol. Thus very few people have seen them, and even fewer are actually looking for them. But this is where I live and where I have my permits.

I have it narrowed down to a few areas that are the exact environment for them, with the correct food sources, during the right time of year, and I have an entire day from sun rise to sun set to look for them tomorrow.

So I'm gonna need your good luck kitty I think, :smile:

I've worked with a southern (hemisphere, that is!!) species, Sepioloidea pacifica actually fairly boring! Spend most days hunkered down under sand, although their burrowing behaviour is fun to watch!

Good luck!

My collecting partner kinda wused out after the 8 miles of hiking we did that morning. Otherwise I think we would have been in the right place at the right time.

It was a -.5 tide at 5:30pm and sunset was around 5:40 or so, I was hoping to get out into the bay during the minus tide as the water was coming back in and find them feeding underneath the full moon. Found some really nice sand flats that they should be in, but I also dont think I'm going to be be lucky enough to find them wading around, I'm going to have to go snorkeling at least for them at night with a high powered flashlight.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back