Coconut-collecting octopus

Very cool. I love how the octo keeps a keen eye on the diver even when hiding between the shells.

My mother called me to tell me her MSN News showed information as if the coconut octopus was a brand new discovery. Cool for her to call (and notice) but I had to explain this was not a new find, just a new video.

Monty this is brilliant footage! I've been hearing about that behavior (along with another of the octopus closing the shell around it and walking on two arms sticking through the gap) since 2000 but have never seen the rolling myself! Fantastic!

take care,
Crissy

Made it to the front page "menu bar" of our most esteemed daily newspaper, "NRC Handelsblad", yay for octopodes!

Everyone I know has been emailing, facebooking, or asking me if I'd heard of this. I love to see a ceph to widely publicised in the news and general public

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back