• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cleaner Shrimp

One of my cleaner shrimp passed on today (sort of).

It got in a fight with another shrimp and lost and now it is being eat by it. The two remaining shrimp are fighting over the body :cry: .

poor little guy.

p.s- today one of the shrimp ate out of my hand :biggrin2:

I dont want to fill you with hope but.............

shrimps shed their skins to grow, and sometimes a shrimp will shed its skin during the night and then hide for a day or two... meanwhile the skin floats about and is 'recycled' by the other tank inhabitants.... the shrimp may re-appear in a day or two only a bit bigger......

Its a possability that its just the skin being eaten that you seen and the shimp is hiding?????

Hi Rockthis,

Nice that the cleaner shrimp ate from your hand. They are very friendly little creatures and will have a lot of personality, if you give them attention. They will learn to recognize you and always be glad to see you.

Now, when are you setting up your second tank, so your octo won't eat them? :smile:

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back