chiller controler

Discussion in 'Tank Talk' started by jsshark1, Aug 23, 2012.

1. jsshark1

jsshark1 Blue Ring Registered

Hi every one
    new to the site but not new to the hobby. I have desided to add a GPO to my world of fish .
    all of my other tanks and 2500 gal saltwater indoor pond are all at 75.. I am adding a 200 gal cold water tank.
    I already got my GPO from Coldwater Marine Aquatics . they did a sweet job getting it to me. I have him in a 10 gal temperary tank wile i get him eatting and confrible with my water . at the moment i have the 10gal tank in a tray with water that i put ice in to keep the tank at 58 t0 60 deg. I found that my controler for my chiller is not working any more. I called all the aquerium stores in my aria and no one has one that will go lower then 64deg . what chiller controler can be used that will go under 60deg? ( the chiller is 120V)

thanks for reading

2. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

:welcome: to TONMO. Sadly, I can't help with chiller components. Hopefully you will journal this little guy as well as sharing your tank build-out. If you have not started the build out, you may want to consider something larger than 200 gallons though as the octopus will outgrow it eventually.

3. CaptFish

CaptFish Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TONMO :welcome:

Unfortunately I too can't help with the chillers as I keep mostly Caribbean species so i have no idea about chillers. I am concerned about the tank you are setting up. While it will be a great tank for a little gpo. but I'm afraid 200 gallons is WAY to small for a full size GPO. Luckily the one you got is tiny so it leaves plenty of time to setup a nice tank for when he grows.

4. Thales

Thales Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

DWhatley likes this.
  5. jsshark1

Thanks for the welcome :) and info
    no wories for Houdini my GPO . I agree that the 200gal will only be for a wile till he grow a bit. .I have a 720 gal he will go into in time .
    you can see the 720gal install on my website at the moment it is a fresh water tank with afican tiger that i will beabel to move to a smaller tank when it's time.
    www.jsshark.com
    you can also check out my 2500 gal shark indoor pond.

been waiting for the weekend to set up the 200 gal and I will post pic on Houdini and the tank build . I will have the chiller and filtration in the crawl space under the house since it is much cooler . also thinking of running the pvc pipe under the dirt to also help cooling. I am a inventer of ideas and a problem solver , so my thinking will be to cool the tank as much as posible without $$$$ in the eqation .

6. jsshark1

Thanks Thales , grainger has them in stock and has one waiting for me to pick up on the way home.

DWhatley likes this.
  7. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

Even knowing the outcome, reading about moving the tank was scary! I am looking forward to your adventure with the 200 gallon tank.