• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

chiller controler

jsshark1

Blue Ring
Registered
Hi every one
new to the site but not new to the hobby. I have desided to add a GPO to my world of fish .
all of my other tanks and 2500 gal saltwater indoor pond are all at 75.. I am adding a 200 gal cold water tank.
I already got my GPO from Coldwater Marine Aquatics . they did a sweet job getting it to me. I have him in a 10 gal temperary tank wile i get him eatting and confrible with my water . at the moment i have the 10gal tank in a tray with water that i put ice in to keep the tank at 58 t0 60 deg. I found that my controler for my chiller is not working any more. I called all the aquerium stores in my aria and no one has one that will go lower then 64deg . what chiller controler can be used that will go under 60deg? ( the chiller is 120V)

thanks for reading

:welcome: to TONMO. Sadly, I can't help with chiller components. Hopefully you will journal this little guy as well as sharing your tank build-out. If you have not started the build out, you may want to consider something larger than 200 gallons though as the octopus will outgrow it eventually.

Welcome to TONMO :welcome:

Unfortunately I too can't help with the chillers as I keep mostly Caribbean species so i have no idea about chillers. I am concerned about the tank you are setting up. While it will be a great tank for a little gpo. but I'm afraid 200 gallons is WAY to small for a full size GPO. Luckily the one you got is tiny so it leaves plenty of time to setup a nice tank for when he grows.

Thanks for the welcome :smile: and info
no wories for Houdini my GPO . I agree that the 200gal will only be for a wile till he grow a bit. .I have a 720 gal he will go into in time .
you can see the 720gal install on my website at the moment it is a fresh water tank with afican tiger that i will beabel to move to a smaller tank when it's time.
www.jsshark.com
you can also check out my 2500 gal shark indoor pond.

been waiting for the weekend to set up the 200 gal and I will post pic on Houdini and the tank build . I will have the chiller and filtration in the crawl space under the house since it is much cooler . also thinking of running the pvc pipe under the dirt to also help cooling. I am a inventer of ideas and a problem solver , so my thinking will be to cool the tank as much as posible without $$$$ in the eqation .

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back