• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cheap Fiddler Crab

Sweet! I am just starting up a tank , and a source of live food available locally for reasonable price is awesome( whether i decide to keep a ceph or not)! I checked out your website from your forum profile. Will livestock be available to order through your website when it is fully up and running?

Anyway. Perhaps there will one day be a sticky with sources that have live food available for reasonable prices, like those for ceph and octopus availability..... ~*nudge* nudge* *wink* *wink*~ :wink:

yea, a sticky for that would be great. I feed my octo mostly thawed shrimp since fiddlers are too expensive, but if i could get a reasonable price on them im sure my octo will love it.

actually Mark, THIS IS the forum for that kind of post. Just start a new topic with something in the title about Fiddler Crabs for Sale in Canada and provide pricing and contact info. If it is not possible to ship live cross-provience, be sure and include the providences that are eligible in the title. Should Tony creates a sticky, I am sure he will move the post at that time (hint, hint). Canada has been a real problem for food (albeit our numbers there have been somewhat limited) since it is not viable to ship anything live through customs so a reliable local food source will be most welcomed.

well we are setting up our facility to hold and hopefully breed some species, as many odd and rare hard to find species of fish and creatures, ie: dwarf sea horses, Cephs, rays, sharks, anything and everything you can possibly feed alive lol Hopefully it all works out for us. Support from our customers is vital though if there is a company they want to have products from or livestock let us know via email. as for Fiddlers we are waiting for a LARGE numbers price per box to maybe get 10/20/50/100 packs at reasonable prices as feeders. We are also setting up grass shrimp tanks for breeding in large numbers. again our customers support on this is vital.

Mark,

i would be happy to start selling fiddlers to you guys, just dont know where to look for shipping info, anyone know where i could find some? i'll ask my bait shop supplier where they get them, they're nice guys who'll be happy to help.

norgebyblood;107472 said:
i would be happy to start selling fiddlers to you guys, just dont know where to look for shipping info, anyone know where i could find some? i'll ask my bait shop supplier where they get them, they're nice guys who'll be happy to help.

That'd be great if you decide to, please post a new thread under sources.

thanks, ryan

Spence,
To get started, you will need an accurate scale that will tell you the ounces, a box that will hold a fixed quantity of crabs with water (I suggest 30 with no more than 10 to a bag) and a way to seal your plastic bag (rubber bands work if you twist the top, loop the rubber band below the twist then twist the remaining top, fold it in half and secure it with the rubber band very tightly. Pour water into your plastic bags so that you have about 3" and lots of air space, then weight the whole package (box, bags and water). MEASURE the amount of water so that you can repeat the process without having to adjust shipping charges every time as it is shipping the water that is the major part of the expense.

Once you know the total weight (the crabs will not weigh much but round up to the nearest pound because putting too little postage on the box will get it returned and with enough delay the shipment is likely not to survive), go to www.usps.com and click on Calculate Postage (top). Then click, Calculate Domestic Postage (left side), choose the package radio button and put in the weight. The most useful way to create a standardized price is to put in a ship to zip code to the state furthest away from your home state. Try several locations for priority mail to see if there are any significant differences. You may find that you want to create 1, 2 or 3 shipping prices (US, East, West, Central) or you may find that the difference does not justify the hassle.

dwhatley;107882 said:
Spence,
To get started, you will need an accurate scale that will tell you the ounces, a box that will hold a fixed quantity of crabs with water (I suggest 30 with no more than 10 to a bag) and a way to seal your plastic bag (rubber bands work if you twist the top, loop the rubber band below the twist then twist the remaining top, fold it in half and secure it with the rubber band very tightly. Pour water into your plastic bags so that you have about 3" and lots of air space, then weight the whole package (box, bags and water). MEASURE the amount of water so that you can repeat the process without having to adjust shipping charges every time as it is shipping the water that is the major part of the expense.

Once you know the total weight (the crabs will not weigh much but round up to the nearest pound because putting too little postage on the box will get it returned and with enough delay the shipment is likely not to survive), go to www.usps.com and click on Calculate Postage (top). Then click, Calculate Domestic Postage (left side), choose the package radio button and put in the weight. The most useful way to create a standardized price is to put in a ship to zip code to the state furthest away from your home state. Try several locations for priority mail to see if there are any significant differences. You may find that you want to create 1, 2 or 3 shipping prices (US, East, West, Central) or you may find that the difference does not justify the hassle.

I wasn't looking for shipping info, Aqua Tech was. I was simply saying that I could send him a box with labels inside and he could fill it and ship it back. I am very experienced with usps, but thank you though.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back