• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Changed plans on Bimac tank...

MarkS

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I was thinking and I just do not think 240 gallons will work. I just couldn't get around the 24" width...

So, I'm building this: 360 DIY tank

I know that this is about 5X larger than necessary, but it will allow for some excelent aquascaping.

Any thoughts?

Is this really a glass tank set inside a plywood box? I see that it has a glass front, but the rest of the tank is also glass, isn't it? (Maybe this was alll explained and I went through the explanations too fast).

Nancy

Nope. It's a plywood tank. :biggrin2: :!: :bugout: :madsci:

The inside will be coated with epoxy and fiberglass. This is actually a very common style of tank. I can get you links to one tank that a Mod at ReefCentral made that I believe is around 400 gallons and another tank that a member made for sharks that is almost 1300 gallons.

Yeah, i have seen these done before... big plywood box with a glass front.

Its a god way of making a cheaper HUGE tank :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back