Changed plans on Bimac tank... | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Changed plans on Bimac tank...

MarkS

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I was thinking and I just do not think 240 gallons will work. I just couldn't get around the 24" width...

So, I'm building this: 360 DIY tank

I know that this is about 5X larger than necessary, but it will allow for some excelent aquascaping.

Any thoughts?

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Is this really a glass tank set inside a plywood box? I see that it has a glass front, but the rest of the tank is also glass, isn't it? (Maybe this was alll explained and I went through the explanations too fast).

Nancy

MarkS

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Nope. It's a plywood tank. :biggrin2: :!: :bugout: :madsci:

The inside will be coated with epoxy and fiberglass. This is actually a very common style of tank. I can get you links to one tank that a Mod at ReefCentral made that I believe is around 400 gallons and another tank that a member made for sharks that is almost 1300 gallons.

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Yeah, i have seen these done before... big plywood box with a glass front.

Its a god way of making a cheaper HUGE tank :)

Members online

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards