Cephbase has been down for awhile, new one?

Hayek

GPO
Registered
I am trying to decide on a new programming project, and I think I might design a new cephbase. Has it been down long enough to justify a new one? Anybody know why nobody has fixed the issue?

Hi Hayek -- I had exchanged some notes with Dr. James B. Wood regarding this some time ago (couple/few years ago). I sought to find synergies where we could host it here on TONMO.com, but that wasn't really working out (as he understandably didn't want to part with it). We agreed to have his database link to our forums.

PM me or email me and let me know what you're thinking, and whether this is something we could partner on.

I tried it yesterday. Strange that the home page is there, but none of the links work.

Excellent idea to start our own!

Nancy

Tonmo I can't find the PM I sent you or the one you sent me in my mailbox. Did you delete it or something? I was going to say that building a DB hosted on TONMO might be a problem, but I could certainly host the database somewhere else and allow tonmo to display it on tonmo.com. It would just be easier to build if the DB were hosted on my own server.

News about Cephbase

Cephbase is alive but not so well - it has a software problem that needs to be fixed, but with so much damage to the NRCC after Hurricane Ike, it's not one of the top priorities at the moment. However, expect it to return.

If you haven't looked at the website of the new facilites associated with Moody Gardens in Galveston, this is the link:

www.cephalopod.org

However, I think that if Tonmo wants to set up something, like a database of photos by species, it would be well received.

Nancy

Ok, good to know. I was never around when cephbase was up, but it seemed a shame that such a resource was left for dead. I've decided to do a different project. Thanks for the input.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back