• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cephalopods Available for cost of shipping

ceph

Wonderpus
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Cephalopod Resource Center: http://www.cephalopod.org/LiveAnimRes.cfm is currently distributing remaining cephalopods free of charge with shipping at the user's expense. They have Sepia pharaonis, Sepia officinalis, Sepioteuthis lessoniana, and Octopus bimaculoides available. Priority will go to institutions using the animals for biomedical research, other types of research or education and others.

Please contact Dr. Phillip Lee at [email protected] or call 409-789-7740 or 409-655-5355 for further information about availability and to schedule a shipment.

DANG!!!!
I was getting all excited, adding to my collection, then read --------> "Regrettably, we cannot provide animals to the private sector targeting the home aquarium market. Thank you for your understanding. "
What if I DON't Understand? do I get one? :smile: J/K
I am now BUMMED OUT!!!
They should remember, who pays their bills. some of our tax dollars.

MrED, I think the restriction is not by choice but BECAUSE they are funded by tax dollars and limited to educational institutions. However, I am curious about the liquidation and if this means they are closing. If so all bets may be off as far as the home market goes. I wrote (and left a voice mail) to see what's up as I happen to have an available tank ... or two.

No, they're not shutting down right now - it's a complicated situation - but they have to find homes for the cephs they have, most of which are too large for home aquariums. As I mentioned, the bimacs have all been spoken for.

Nancy

I am new to this and just got a bimac from them last week. I am an AP teacher and it is in my classroom. No one mentioned anything about going out of buisiness...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back