Cephalopod International Advisory Council 2006

main_board said:
Hey Everyone!
I have a silly little question here: how formal do you think the dress code is going to be?
Totally informal, no joke!!! Shorts and a singlet would be ok.

Sheila is going to wear a nice, green kirtle...and that lovely set of pearls his wife bought him last year.

Originally posted by cthuhlu77
Sheila is going to wear a nice, green kirtle...and that lovely set of pearls his wife bought him last year.
I am soo confused. Is this a kirtle?
catwalk2.jpg

Steve/Sheila likes chocolate, Neil Diamond and is going to the conference wearing one of these???

My image of him as an upstanding brilliant teuthologist has been shattered. :goofysca:

..ummmmmmmmm........ see 'Supporters' forum, the 'Neil Diamond' thread, page 37, entry 9 for my totally appropriate response! I apologise to all non-supporters ..... but perhaps this just might enthoooooooze a few extra members.

......it's actually amazing that a thread dedicated to Neil Diamond on a cephalopod website has reached 37 pages, amongst 'supporters' that profess their dislike for him (except dear Clem and Lord Soopa-Doopa Right-Royal and Most-Regal Left-Footed Sir Dr Ummmmm........!!). Just wait until you stumble upon "A Pointless Thread" up there .......

So we have a crossdressing Neil Diamond fan obsessed with squid.

Uhhhh have there been a lot of tourists go missing in NZ the past few years? Dr SOS you don't own a run down motel off the beaten track with really showers by any chance?

(Steve put that knife down right now. Really i'm not kidding. Fun is fun but--- AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! )? :angel:

and we all know what terry pratchett said about !!!!!

Tintenfisch said:
And his best alien underpants. :wink:

Don't have any of those, though I do have a few pair of fish boxers! Oh, and I've got some people on the look out for squid boxers for me. I'll keep ya posted!

Cheers!

PS: I'm going too, hehehe! Soooo excited!

Very well found! I suppose you really can get anything off the net. I don't think they were deft enough to try checking cyber-space. Let that be a lesson to them!

Cheers!

A quick and breathless report from the midst of the fray... so far the workshops have been very interesting, covering all sorts of things from tracking lipids and heavy metals through the food web, to beak identification, to the synthesis/cooperation/reliability/rivalism of morphology- and genetics-based taxonomy. No time for snoozing! There are quite a few TONMOers here, some who have met before and some who haven't, all in all quite a diverse crowd of biologists (fisheries, octopus, squid, predator), biochemists, genetecists, and all sorts of others!
May check in again in a few days, otherwise will have to report when we get back. Hi from Steve and the rest of the AUT gang!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back