Ceph stuff on eBay

Plush Archi Update....

Well folks, I did it -- got my big beautiful plush Archi from AMDL on eBay, and she is a stunner! She's now luxuriating on our bed along with my big National Wildlife Federation plush Octo and my little plush Baby Cthulhu.

As an update, today I received an e-mail from AMDL directing me to their website, which has the advantage of bypassing the eBay middlemen and offering numerous other plush beasties.... including a cute li'l Octo with a very realistic design [see below].

The AMDL website is at this URL:

www.amdlcollections.com

AMDL's 11" Plush Octopus

Attachments

• conv_292650.jpg
    conv_292650.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 221
.... and Quixote's Quest for the Plush Cuttle....

While we're on the subject of plush cephs:

I did a Google search for plush Cuttlefish. The good news is that at one time Fiesta Toy Co. made a lovely 19" plush Cuttle. The bad news is that it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. :cry:

The Fiesta Toy Co. site -- which is strictly wholesale -- offers a wide variety of plush critters, including some impressive Stingrays, but the Cuttle was nowhere to be found. Apparently Amazon used to offer it, and it's still listed on the Amazon site, but with a note that says "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Anyway, at this point we can only drool wistfully:

Fiesta Toy Co. 19" Plush Cuttlefish

Attachments

• conv_292651.jpg
    conv_292651.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 247
.... and Bad News for Crafty Cephalofans

Another bit of bad news:

A lady named Hansi once offered on Etsy a series of wonderful knitting patterns for four types of ceph, which could be purchased as PDF files. However, they are now listed as "sold out".

Question: How can a PDF file be "sold out"? Perhaps she wants to patent them.

Again, now we can only look and sigh:

PATTERN SET All Hansigurumi Cephalopod Patterns - Etsy

Fragile World Cuttlefish on eBay - HURRY!

Here's a "right under the wire" heads-up: Someone on eBay is offering the limited-edition Fragile World Cuttlefish figurine, at the comparatively low starting bid of $19.99. There were apparently only 250 of these made (though the seller says 139), and usually they go for $50 and up. I've already spent waaaay too much money on tchotchkies, so I thought I'd let y'all know about it. Auction ends today (24 April) at about 12:30 p.m. US Pacific Daylight Time, so if you're interested, you've got just a little over an hour to bid. Here it is:

eBay Item #370043643203

Attachments

• conv_292658.jpg
    conv_292658.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 220
i just checked that etsy shop and they are still selling the pattern. It may be that that particular listing had been bought. The listing I saw is a set of four ceph patterns for $20. I knit and these look well constructed, but unless she is using really big yarn they are tiny when finished. I do have those two weeks between finals and my next class that I only had a hundred other things planned for.....

MTS strikes again

I could not resist this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360046552491&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

It is actually a 50 gallon tank. I don't know that I will try moving 'Tane to it (I have an established tank I can disassemble and cycle new if I make the attempt) but I have always wanted one with the tube connections and it would provide much more swimming room ... Probably need to mark the tube entrances so he won't bump his mantle though. We will see what it looks like tomorrow.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back