Ceph stuff in Columbus Ohio?

I get to spend part of Thanksgiving weekend in Columbus, Ohio. Anyone live nearby - or know of any cephalopod activities in the area? I found a chocolate store called the Chocolate Octopus that I may have to investigate.

My 7 year old is competing in an Irish Dance competition so I get to be the lucky one to drive her to Columbus (4+ hours away from home).

cuttlegirl;146289 said:
I found a chocolate store called the Chocolate Octopus that I may have to investigate.

... or you could let your fingers do some of the walking

My sister-in-law was eternally grateful when my neice could finally drive. She played basketball and softball on multiple teams and is playing softball on scholarship this year in college(I am not sure if the scholarship was all softball or partially/fully academic, she did very well in school as well - somehow our kids got reversed :hmm:).

How long will you be in Columbus for? Too bad it's not closer to Toledo, the Toledo Zoo has a great little aquarium there- as well as being a great zoo. The last time I was there they had a GPO, it was long before I kept octos. Anyway the aquarium director, Jay Hemdal, is a nice guy who guest talks at the Marine Aquarium Society of MI yearly shindig a lot (and is thanked in Nancy and Colin's book). If your daughter ever has to dance in Toledo, I'll meet you there!

We have to be there Friday afternoon for dress rehearsal, she dances at 12:30 on Saturday, if her team places, we have to wait until the awards ceremony on Saturday night. I only have a couple of hours here and there - I may take her to the Columbus Zoo on Friday night after her rehearsal.

I think the only other competitions in Ohio are in Cleveland, Cincinnatti, Dayton and Akron. There are others in Detroit, MI, Indianopolis, IN and McCook, IL - but I am not ready to travel that far for a 7 year old...

I think there are a couple in Md and in Va too, but again, a long way to go for a 7 year old. Time enough for that if she sticks with it and gets really proficient.

We go to three competitions a year in Pittsburgh and West Virginia - we are part of the Mid-America region - there are 7 regions in North America. The Oireachtas (in Columbus) is the yearly regional competition for Mid-America.

I seem to remember seeing signs for an aquarium on the highway in Cincinnatti as we traveled through the last couple trips we took south. We all commented that we wished there was time to stop. Check into it if you go to some of those other competitions. Too bad none of them are closer to Toledo! If you ever do come to a Detroit competition, I can at least take yo on a tour of local coral farms...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back